As part of efforts to build a new Niger Delta, where ideas and innovations hold sway, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, invites talented, creative youths with scientific inventions to submit their works for possible international exhibition.
This is part of the NIGER DELTA YOUNG INNOVATORS PROGRAMME, designed in partnership with JMP Global Resources to unveil and build great Niger Deltans of the future.
Interested youths must:
- Be between the ages of 19 – 40
- Provide a copy of birth certificate or age declaration
- Be an indigene of one of the 9 states in the Niger Delta Region
- Have a valid Nigerian passport
- Provide certificate of state of origin
- Have an invention that is unique
- Have compelling proof of ownership
- Inventions submitted must be in the following sector:
- Information Communication Technology
- Oil and Gas
- A current sworn affidavit that:-
- The claims of ownership made and information provided by the respondent in the submission are true and correct in all ramifications;
- No member of staff of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has pecuniary interest in the submission;
- Neither respondent nor his/her partners (past & present) have ever been convicted of criminal offences relating to fraud, immigration (deportation) or financial impropriety in any court of law.
- Any proposal received after the deadline for the submission stated above shall not be opened, such proposal shall automatically be disqualified.
- Respondents should endeavour to follow the order of instructions in the submission.
- Illegible documents may lead to disqualification.
- Respondents are allowed to compete for only two out of three sectors.
- Successful respondents will be notified to present their pitch to a panel
- The decision of the panel is final!
- The Commission shall not be responsible for any cost incurred by the respondent in the preparation and submission of documents in connection with this advert.
- All respondents should attach a copy of their documents in SOFT COPY, and send via email, with subject titled “ICT”, “ENERGY”, “OIL & GAS”, “ENGINEERING” or “HEALTHCARE”.
- All emails must contain the Name, Address and Phone number of respondents.
- All documents should be addressed and sent to:
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, PROJECTS
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
SUBMISSION CLOSING DATE/OPENING DATE AND TIME:
The closing date for submission of proposals is: 4:00 p.m, Tuesday 11th April, 2017. Documents received will be opened immediately after closing and successful candidate will be invited.